The Liverpool defence is in good hands for years to come, based on the amount of match action both Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joe Gomez have had so far this season.
The duo, aged 20 and 21 respectively, have been an integral part of a Reds rearguard which has conceded just five goals in the Premier League since the start of the campaign.
Alexander-Arnold has featured in 82 per cent of Liverpool’s game time this season, according to new data from the CIES Football Observatory.
The study, highlighting the most fielded U21 players across the top five European leagues, shows that Gomez has been even more involved – playing in 85 per cent of all possible minutes.
The Liverpool pair are comfortably among the list of top 10 wonderkid players, all of whom have been born on or after January 1, 1997.
Also included are West Ham youngsters Declan Rice and Issa Diop, who have both burst onto the scene this season.
Fulham manager Slavisa Jovanovic has also trusted youth with Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Ryan Sessegnon getting plenty of match action during the current campaign.
However, it is Wolves who are leading the way with a 21-year-old midfield ace having played every single minute of their return to the top flight so far.
Most fielded U21 players in the Premier League 2018/19 season so far
10. Timothy Fosu-Mensah (Fulham) – 51 per cent (of minutes played)
9. Declan Rice (West Ham United) – 68 per cent
8. David Brooks (Bournemouth) – 74 per cent
7. Richarlison (Everton) – 76 per cent
6. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) – 82 per cent
5. Issa Diop (West Ham United) – 82 per cent
4. Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) – 84 per cent
3. Joe Gomez (Liverpool) – 85 per cent
2. Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace) – 89 per cent
1. Ruben Neves (Wolverhampton Wanderers) – 100 per cent